May 23, 2012

Popsicles + Life

Hey! Here's another GIF of Captain. (Can never have too many GIF's of my furbaby!) This was from when I did my Photo an hr not too long ago. Okay, story time! Ready?

A few weeks ago Justin and I were walking Cap, and there was a couple infront of us...as we were crossing the street, I saw a piece of paper fall out of the ladys pocket. My first though was that it was probably a receipt or some candy wrapper but then it sparkled a bit in the sun? Weird. It was super windy that day too, so I ran for the paper and caught it with my foot (just as a car was coming) I saved it. And guess what it was? It was a $100 bill. The new ones in Canada are made of plastic now and have a little shiny square on them. Anyways I caught up to the couple and gave them their money back. The rest of the day I felt so good!
And the funny thing is, before this all happened we talked about our money situation during our walk, and how we need to make more/save more.

Then just the other day I was out walking Cap alone, and I find an Iphone just sitting in the open grass, no one in sight. I'm assuming the person forgot it, since we had fireworks at the park the night before. Anyways I decided to call someone (luckily the phone wasn't dead yet) from the phones contact list to let them know I found their friends phone. Lucky me I get the owners wife and she lived near by so I dropped off the phone. The rest of my walk with Cap was so nice. I felt so happy.

The reason I'm writting these little stories down, isn't to brag about how awesome I am or how great my karma is (is going to be?) ...but I just want to say it felt (and it feels) so nice to help someone out. And I want to look back through my blog later on and find this post and smile. I always think that if it was my money or my phone or whatever and I lost it, I'd be sooo happy to have someone return it to me. It it would make my day to know that there are good people out there. Because usually I just see a lot of bad things. It feels like this summer is going to be a good one.

Also, I wish I could update more... especially with more artwork (I've been painting and making things) but I'm in work-mode since I only have about a month left with this job. Hopfully I'll have something lined up after this.
Hope your week is going by well! :]

6 comments:

  1. You have earned a big smile from the world today ;-) We need more honest people in the world like you. Keep up the strong work and stay strong. You have lots of angels on your side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you that is really sweet. :]

      Delete
  2. That is so wonderful! stories like this warm my heart! I always feel great when I do random acts of kindness too, although I've never found $100!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought maybe it was like $20 max, but when I saw it was $100 I had to give it back to them. Thats some big change to be walking around with...and lose!

      Delete
  3. oh captain, he is so cute! ( i feel like every comment i make says that, but it's true!)

    once i left my whole purse in the "free box" outside of a used bookstore and a nice man found it, turned it into the store, and also wrote down my info and called me to make sure they gave it to me. it was awesome, it really made my day, and he even gave me a lecture about leaving stuff lying around. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats so sweet! Haha, lecture. I should have done that to the iphone guy.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...