Oct 3, 2012

Day at the Zoo (via Instagram)

For those that have been following me for a while, you know that I love animals. I try to visit the Toronto Zoo atleast twice a year. Believe it or not but I've never gone to the Zoo with Justin. I've asked before but things always came up. I've always gone alone or with a friend. Sometimes going to the Zoo alone is fun though. I can just walk around wherever I want. Stand at any exhibit I want, for as long as I want. It's pretty relaxing.
Anyways after Justin and I talked, he decided it was time we'd go to the Zoo together. So it was my first time; going to the Zoo together, forgetting to bring any camera with me (so I only had my phone), I didn't bring a lunch/snacks and exploring a whole new section of the Zoo!
1. Cool giant globe near one of the exhibits. Justin and I ended up trying to take a few pictures infront of it together but it started raining and they came out horrible.
2. Inside the first green house. Usually when I've gone in the past, I'd only get to see like one or two butterflies. This time there were so many! They were flying all around us and they were so pretty too.
3. The fruit bats! I wish I could have one. They are so cute, they look like little upside down foxes. First time getting an 'okay' picture of them. They're exhibit is very dark.
4. I finally got to see the grizzly bears. They were huuuge! They were in the canadian section of the zoo, and that day was the first time I was able to find the path.
5. There was this short educational trail we started walking on, and we found this pretty tall tree covered with names and hearts. When I mean covered. I mean covered!
6. This was the first time I'd ever seen the hyenas running around and chasing eachother. Usually they're sleeping.
7. One of the newer animals at the Zoo are the white lions. They are very pretty.
8. First time seeing a polar bear in the water and I was able to go check him out underground too! Sadly, he was swiming in a circle which was kinda depressing.
9. One of my favourite areas is the aquatic animals. I've never been able to get a good shot of the sea horses before. I would love to see some baby sea horses too! Whenever I go they're always super pregnant
10. We ended up eating lunch at the only resturant open at the Zoo during the weekday. And we were surrounded with these pretty peacocks. They would come right up to you and just stare! Freaky.
11. A shot of us at the elephant exhibit. See the elephant on the right side?
12. I took so many damn pictures of the jellyfish, it's not even funny. I mean I always take a lot of pictures of them because they're just so neat.
 
So those were just some of the animals we got to see at the Zoo... I can't wait to go again. I'm assuming I won't be able to go until early next year. I saw signs all over about the Zoo getting giant pandas next summer. Exciting. I see it as a good sign when the Zoo gets new animals every year. I hope their exhibit is a good size. :]

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...