Oct 4, 2012

Movies of September Review

The Campaign
I went into this one expecting to be laughing non-stop, but really it was just 'okay'. It did have some really funny moments but overall a bit of a let down.
Dredd 3D
I went into this movie, thinking...meh something to do but I ended up liking it. A lot. Some great effects, nice slow motion. Okay, some of the effects looked a bit cheesy but still okay. (They were good-cheesy!) Obvious lots of action, fighting and blood.
Resident Evil: Retribution
I  was told this movie was bad, but we went to support a friend that had worked on it. This one started out good. I really liked the intro, so I had high hopes after that. You know, maybe it wouldn't be that bad? I was so wrong. The movie felt like I was watching a really bad video game. The story was messed and the acting...got worse?! You know those kinds of movies that are soo bad they end up being good... they make it to the other side. Haha, not this one. Not at all. I've seen my share of bad movies, even walked out on a few, very few. I thought about walking out on this movie more than once. The second half of the movie was painful to watch. Don't get me wrong the CGI and effects were still good. But you need more than that to make a good movie. I was left with a lot of questions like, why something happened or where it even came from or what it was!? Not worth seeing, even on a cheap night.
Looper
This movie was amazing! I loved it. We got free passes to see it, but we were planning on seeing it anyways. So win-win. I was expecting a lot of action and fighting... but it was so much more. The story was so good, had so many twists. Though we knew what was going to happen half way through the movie. Even knowing that I still enjoyed it so much. There was a part new the start of the movie that freaked me out so much. I won't say what it was cause I don't wanna spoil it for anyone.

4 comments:

  1. Great post, I haven't seen any of those movies.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was dissapointed with the campaign as well. i though zach galifianakis was funny but will ferrell totally missed the mark. my favorite part was the pugs. haha, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a HUGE movie lover; so I'm happy to have stumbled upon your blog via your comment.

    I've heard really great things about Looper and need to get around to seeing it. I'm a Dredd fan and thought the trailer looked pretty good but am still a bit nervous about. I could definitely see the cheese factor, that you mentioned.

    Can't wait for Skyfall this coming weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looper is totally worth it!! Dredd is good, if you're a dredd fan, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

      I'm not really interested in seeing skyfall but theres a good chance i'll be seeing it with justin anyways. lol

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...