Nov 29, 2012

Movies of November Review

Wreak-it Ralph
I was looking forward for this movie for a while and it was so good! I loved the sugar rush game/land, it was too cute. Just an overall good movie, had a little bit of everything. Great movie for the family.
Skyfall
Let me start off by saying, I'm not a huge 007 fan. Not sure why, just never really got into it. I didn't see the last one and I don't really remember seeing any older ones. But I actually really enojyed this movie. It had a good amount of action and snappy come backs. For some reason I was expecting more sex scenes, but I'm not really complaining about that. Just something I was preparing myself for. Oh, I loooved the intro!
Twilight - breaking dawn (part 2)
I've seen all the other movies, and I've read all the books. Actually Justin has read all the books too, thanks to his sister who got us to read them all/let us borrow them. (pretty sure she even has them autographed.) Anyways, I have to say, I am not the biggest twilight fan. The book was very... simple? (It was an easy read) But after reading all the books, I kind of had to watch the movies. They do follow the book pretty closely, so that's good. I loooved the crazy fight scene. So many good parts, and the wolves looks pretty awesome too! I'll probably re-watch this movie just to see that part again. This was my favourite movie out of all of them. Part one was just, boring. I would also say, totally see this one if you're a fan. (if you're a big fan you probably already have..) If you're not, it's worth seeing just for the fight scene.
Rise of the Guardians
This movie was pretty good. Though, I didn't enjoy it as much as Justin did. I really like the yetis and the tooth fairy (and baby tooth). It was all nicely animated but the effects were crazy! Crazy awesome. This movie is totally for children. Not even any hints at sneaky adult humour. Our theatre was pretty full of kids and they were all laughing and loving it.

7 comments:

  1. I didn't really like Skyfall (I feel like I'm the only one).. I felt like there were too many parts that you were like "whaa?" and then it just never got explained further... Also the villain was too much like the Joker. But the Adele song is great :)
    -Kate
    kate-on-the-lake.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I remember there were some parts that I guess were for hardcore fans. Kinda sucks. I love the adele song!

      Delete
  2. I loved Wreck It Ralph too! It was one of those movies that made me all smiley for a couple hours afterwards. It was so cute and perfect and funny, and I enjoyed all the references to old school Nintendo and Sega!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the old school game references were awesome. Did you watch the end credits. They were cute.

      Delete
  3. I just did a monthly movie and book recap and Skyfall was most definitely on my list. I love love loved it! I loved the combo of old Bond and new Bond. I've been hearing nothing but new things about Wreck-it Ralph. Thanks for the post! I love stumbling on another movie lover and reviewer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impatiently waiting for Wreck It Ralph to come out here, I want to see it so badly. I loved the last Twilight lol, I probably should feel more shame about that but I really don't :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth the wait.
      Don't feel shamed by it. We like what we like. Who cares. :]

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...