Feb 6, 2013

Origami bugs

Some time last year I ended up getting this origami bugs book because well, I've always wanted to learn how to do it! For some reason, by the cover of the book, I thought maybe this was a children's origami book... but no. It's not! Not at all. This package comes with 2 small books inside (20 bug projects) and almost 100 sheets of coloured paper. When I was looking at this, I also found an origami flowers and origami dinosaurs. It was really hard to pick between the three books, but I picked this one because I thought it would be the easiest.
I started off with the first bug in book one, a simple butterfly. Not. I tried twice and failed. I thought the books would go from easiest to hardest but it's just random.
The first successful origami (and probably easiest) bug was the firefly, It was very simple and yes, I was super proud of myself. I could make so many of these but they're not that pretty...
The next one I tried was the tree snail. This blue snail was my second attempt. I think it's pretty cute but it can't sit up on it's own. It's top heavy and I don't know if that's my fault or if it's supposed to be like that? It's probably my fault.
The most recent origami bug I've tried was the emiko's fritillary, which just looks like a normal butterfly to me. This one had the most steps and it took me a long time to finish it.
So that's all the origami bugs I've done so far. It's pretty fun to do these, especially late at night while you watch reruns of Roseanne. I'm hoping to get a few more done, in my spare time and eventually finish the books.

Has anyone done any origami? What's your favourite? 
P.S. I'm going to try the caterpillar one next. Wish me luck.

10 comments:

  1. The snail is adorable!! I love it. I've never done origami but I don't think I would have the patience for it, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, give it a try one day. I think it would be fun to do with a group of friends.

      Delete
    2. That's a thought.. maybe with a group of friends.

      Delete
  2. I've made some origami cranes before. It's pretty fun, and a cheap hobby.

    I would've chose the dinosaurs for sure!

    bethsquidly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, paper cranes. I should probably learn to do those too!
      And the dinosaurs will be the next one I get, If I ever finish this one.

      Delete
  3. Eee, these are amazing!
    Thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh Origami bugs, this is perfect! I actually got an origami kit for Christmas and I haven't started using it yet, but I want to make these :D I love bugs, haha. I am glad that you got to see my post about the Versatile Blogger Award! Sorry I didn't get to tell you before you saw it- I wrote my post and then went to bed, lol! Nice to see that you can relate to some of my points :) Yay for getting back to natural hair!! haha.

    ~Alyssa
    www.butterfliesonmars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is hilarious and awesome all at the same time! Great idea girl! I totally suck at these things

    Http://streetlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never tryed origami:) It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love oragami but I'm quite terrible at it :). I love the look of your blog, so very cute!

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...