Feb 4, 2013

Review: January Movies

A new year, a bunch of new movies to watch and wait for!
Les Miserables
I read the book/play back in grade school so I remember mostly what happens and the songs. I have to say, I only really enjoyed the first half of the movie. Okay, it's not that I didn't enjoy the second half, but the first half was way more exciting and it had my favourite songs! The second half, was a bit boring and it felt too long.

Recommend? Yes, if you really like musicals.
Re-watch? Maybe, if just for the first half. Then I'd go do some dishes or something.
Gangster Squad
I was pretty excited for this movie because I love gangster/mob movies. This movie was so much better than I thought it would be, I loved all the costumes, how all the guys wore hats and especially seeing all the old cars. It was one of those movies that kept my attention the whole time. This movie was also very action-y and had a bit of blood and gore, but not too much. I'm just saying because I wasn't expecting it, but it was awesome!

Recommend? Yes.
Re-watch? Oh yes!
Hansel and Gretel - Witch Hunters
Went in, just expecting a not-serious but fun action movie. And it was great! Lots of blood and stuff, they did it in a bit of a cheesy way but sometimes you just want to watch a fun movie like this, so it's okay. Not every movie has to be amazing for me to enjoy it. Also, lots of swearing, for some reason I wasn't expecting it but it just added to how great and fun the overall movie was. Not a movie for kids.

Recommend? Yes, for a fun time. Nothing serious.
Re-watch? Sure.

6 comments:

  1. Les Mis was awesome! The live show is so much better to watch though. My fave song is On my Own xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that a few times. Maybe one day I'll go see it live!

      Delete
  2. i can't wait to watch les. mis. myself! it has been one of my top "to-see" for some time now!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have to watch Les Miserables! Everyone says that is a great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog and its concept. I think it's pretty cool! Come by and let's follow each other on GFC, Bloglovin and on Instagram (if you want to of course haha)!

    Hope to see you soon!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i havent seen any of these movies <3 !
    but thank you for sharing!
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...