Mar 26, 2013

What I wore: Pocket dress


Details
Necklace: gift
Dress: The Embellished Room
Belt: Katie
Tights: ? (had them for a long time)
Boots: Probably Payless...

It has been a while since I did my last What I wore post, a couple of months in fact. I got this dress not too long ago while we were out doing some running around. I almost didn't get it but then I found out it had pockets (and deep pockets!) So awesome. This dress is also kinda thin but not see-through, so that's okay because it makes it perfect for the warmer months. I can see myself wearing this dress a lot this spring/summer and I can't wait! I am so ready for sunshine and less layers.
I haven't gone to get my hair trimmed in a while, I'm trying to decide if I want to grow out my hair or keep it this angled style (short in the back, long in the front) until after summer. Also... my hair is all natural again! (yay!) It's more of a personal victory but I'm so happy. I guess I just needed a break from dying my hair, I kinda missed my natural colour. (I've been bleaching and dying my hair since high school, It's nice to give my hair a break.) It feels so healthy now. I think the worst thing I did to my hair was bleaching it. My hair didn't fall out or anything but it felt like straw... even after conditioning it! And even though I love funky coloured hair, I don't think I'll be bleaching my hair ever again. (or atleast I'm going to try really hard not to) It's just too much work, money and does too much damage.
I'm going to have some fun experimenting with dying my hair with semi-permanent dyes or the ones that wash out and see how that goes. 

6 comments:

  1. That dress really does look perfect for spring/summer. I'm loving your cut & natural color! I think all natural hair color is my soon to be goal ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the print on that dress! And it's gonna be perfection for warmer months! I've dyed my hair since high school too, and I went through a couple years of just growing it out without dyeing, then I went green. I just HAD to do it! Now i feel more "me" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i have a feeling i'll be dying my hair within a year or so again. haha.

      Delete
  3. OMG! You are so adorable. That dress is so dainty and I love the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this on you! You look super cute! I vote for the angled bob for sure. :) I also agree with you about the bleaching.. I only go to the salon for that but the color dying I do at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to the salon one time to get my hair bleached. Took almost 5 hours and he was pretty rude. It's almost a 50-50 chance i'm gonna get a rude hair dresser.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...