Apr 8, 2013

Cone of shame

On Friday we went and got Captain neutered! We planned to get this done a few months down the road, so we could save up some money for it. But we had to get it done right away because the last month Cap has had a stupid amount of test done (urine tests) and every time the vet found something wrong. In the end all the problems we kept finding pointed to him being neutered. The vet suggested we get it done asap, so we set up the appointment for the next day.
This is my first experience with a pet being neutered, I didn't know what to expect when we went to pick him up. Captain went from a very brave, curious and stubborn dog who always walked with his tail up in the air... to a dog that was afraid of everything and walked with his tail between his legs for two days. Aw!
The first two days were probably the worst. He whined so much and I felt so bad. He also didn't eat for a day and a half days and wouldn't do his 'business' when we took him outside. (this made me worry so much!) But then he did at the end of his second day at home and he's slowly getting his energy back. When we were at the vet, one of the vet nurses went to put the cone on him he peed a little, out of fear. :[
He'll still be wearing his cone for the rest of the week but he's almost back to his normal self. (walking around with his tail up, what what!) I'm sorry to say but I found him bumping into things (with his cone) hilarious! Well at first I was sad because he'd get scared but after a few times I couldn't help but laugh. I wish I had taken some videos! Although now he's got the hang of it and he uses his cone to poke and push us.
I feel like a crazy dog lady, I know lots of animals get spayed and neutered and people go through it with their pets all the time but it concerned me, okay! That's my baby right there. It also freaked me out after I looked up some neutering videos (don't do it.) Atleast it's done now. Hopefully when we get some tests done next week he comes out with a clean bill of health and that'll be the end of it.

Note to self: If you ever get another dog get them neutered as soon as they are old enough for it. Get it over with. Also it's cheaper when they're younger.

7 comments:

  1. He's so cute! <3 He looks handsome and a good boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dog is so freaking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor cap! i would be laughing at him in his cone too though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. poor Captain. He really does know how to rock a cone though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha soo sad but he's so adorable!
    cute blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor baby! He'll be okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh captain.... i feel so sorry for him. :( They always look so sad when I send them home from work in Elizabethan collars. You should stick some cute stickers on it for him. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...