May 1, 2013

Review: April Movies

Just want to start off by saying thank you to all the sweet comments/messages/emails about my last post. Thanks so much guys, I had a lot of fun. :]
Okay, on to the movies...
Evil Dead
I completely forgot about this movie. I remember seeing the trailer a while ago and telling Justin I wanted to see it. Good thing he remembered. Anyways this movie was a goody. I found it to be more creepy and gory than actually 'terrifying'. I did jump a few times but usually it was me looking away because something gross was happening... but then I'd look anyways. At first I didn't like the intro that much, but then I started loving it! Then I disliked one of the characters because they were being dumb, but then they did some awesome stuff and became my favourite. (The guy with the glasses!) I also was not liking the ending... but then I loved it! The ending reminded me of the monster from the thing and that movie freaked me out! (In a good way)

Recommend? Yes, It was great!
Re-watch? I read they cut out a lot of footage so I will be watching the uncut version when it's out.
Oblivion
Hmm.. what to say about this one. I did like it, but I was expecting this movie to be, something more. Or maybe I was just expecting more. It was really good, I loved the soundtrack, but there were a lot of predictable parts (which sucked for me) but I liked the ending. Overall I wasn't... disappointed.

Recommend? Yep
Re-watch? Maybe?
42
I'm a pretty big fan of  the history of sports and stuff like that, even though I don't find sports that interesting. (Pretty big fan of 'A league of their own'.) I really enjoyed this movie, definitely one of those movies I think everyone should give a chance and watch. You'll learn lots. Even though the movie was just over 2 hours, It didn't feel like it was super long. But for some reason, even though I like this movie a lot... I don't feel like I'd  need to re-watch it again. It's kind of one of those movies you only watch once, and think 'That was cool. Okay, I got it!' Or maybe that's just me...

Recommend? Yes!
Re-watch? ...sure?
The Place Beyond the Pines
I went to go see this one for Ryan Gosling, he is just amazing and he was great in this movie. However this movie was more than just what you saw in the trailer. It kind of felt like three movies in one, (if you've seen the movie then you understand.) The beginning of the movie was great, I was on the end of my seat. The middle kind of dragged on and the end was just okay. Overall I liked the movie, but not enough to want to re-watch the whole thing again.

Recommend? Meh...
Re-watch? Probably not.
Pain and Gain
Yes! This movie was so good. It was funny and different. And I liked it a lot. I loved Dwayne Johnson in this. (forever 'The Rock' to me) He was so good in this, every time he was on screen I was laughing. A very weird true story.

Recommend? Yes.
Re-watch? Yes!

Best movie of the month: Evil Dead, for being scary awesome!
Worst movie of the month: The place beyond the pines, for dragging on...

4 comments:

  1. I can not wait to see evil dead. It;s having a super limited release here in Australia so I only have 2 showings to see it. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I hope you get a chance to see it. It was so good!

      Delete
  2. Oh Evil Dead.. the original is cool but the remake look way too scary for me. Not my cup of tea.
    I actually have seen none of these and want to the Pain and Gain and The Place Beyond The Pines (might reconsider because you said it was too slow). I have got to get out to the movies soon!

    Ps: I'm starting to feel like your stalker..haha but i'm catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I didn't fully enjoy The Place beyond the pines, I've read a lot of other reviews and I'm surprised at how many people actually loved it. Not like, but love. Maybe worth a watch, just don't expect to be blown away. :]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...