Sep 24, 2013

PAWS in the Park

 Over the weekend I volunteered at the PAWS in the Park event. It's a walk to help raise money for the Toronto Humane Society. I thought I'd sign up for this since it's been pretty hard to get volunteer work that is actually inside the building, helping animals. (which is where I want to be!) But this is still helping. Plus it was close to where I live.
 As you can see from the pictures I took, it was kind of a gloomy day. It was also pretty cold, even though I was wearing enough layers. My feet were so cold. This picture above was from the morning when I first arrived at the park. The only sunny picture.
 The check point #1 crew. The best crew. We were so loud.
 We were the first check point, but also the last one since the trail just doubled back. I should have taken pictures of the crowd at the start of the walk because it was crazy busy... and then it slowed down a lot. Most of these pictures are of people coming back in small groups.
 Look at this cutie!
 A better picture of us.
 We all got face painted paws on our cheeks.
 And who doesn't like a picture with a mascot?

6 comments:

  1. Aww it looks like such a fun event and it looks like you guys had a good time. I must say I am such a sucker for dogs in costumes, I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great event. All the doggies look so happy. I love the pawprint face paint. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm glad you had such a good time! i've tried to volunteer at the local animal shelter too and it is REALLY hard for some reason! They only have open houses to get volunteers twice a year and they are always full. so weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess in a way it's good. Better to have too many people willing to help than not enough.

      Delete
  5. What a great cause! Looks like you had a great time :).

    Sabrina
    www.onecityowl.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...