Oct 8, 2013

Nuit Blanche

 This past weekend we went to Nuit Blanche for the second time. The simplest way to describe what this is, is weird abstract art/exhibits outside on the streets. Some of it you look at. Some of it, is interactive... and some of it is just too weird. I spent most of my night making up stories about the exhibits. Like, 'The boat represents us and the string pulling the boat is the government...it's like they're pulling us around man, we need to break free!' haha. I have no clue what most of these exhibits actually meant. It seemed like a lot of them were there just to be strange. But I'm probably wrong. Anyways, pictures!
Our first stop was this big pile of chairs. There was a line to go through the middle to see the inside, but who's got time fo dat?
 Some weird thing made of tissue paper. I liked the colours.
 A shot of how busy the street was!
 Some sock exhibit.
 String/rope?
 I liked this one. It was a short poem with really bright lights. I don't remember exactly what it said. Something like, 'The rose doesn't bloom to be seen... etc.'
 Okay and here are a few weird light pictures. I was just having fun waving the camera around while it flashed like 3 times to take one picture.
Obviously the guys were getting annoyed with me.
 Weird bike where you share the back tire... I don't know what that's supposed to mean or why you'd make it... just cause you can?
 This one was cool. It played music... on it's own... and moved!
If you went right up to this one, you could hear the people on the other side, as if they were whispering in your ear. Pretty cool. The pipes weren't connected either. There was a big space in the middle.
 Balloons. Would have loved to have waited in line to get a free giant balloon.
Ended the night with nachos. We tried seeing a few more things after this but it started to get super cold and windy. So we went home. It was a good night though!

4 comments:

  1. I really wish it wasn't so crowded, it was so hard to get around... but the art was so cool!

    _kate
    kate-on-the-lake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the most epic nachos I have ever seen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those nachos were pretty good but I've had way better. More epic!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...