Nov 4, 2013

Review: October Movies

Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs 2
This was awesome! I love the first movie, so I was really looking forward to this one. Oh my, the animation on this movie is crazy awesome. Especially on the one character, (If you've seen this one already, you probably know who I'm talking about.) His hands are always moving! Oh and there is a really cute new character in this one. Like the cutest thing ever. You can see him there right above the 'C' in cloudy. I highly recommend this movie, especially for the kiddies. This one felt like it was a little more directed towards kids, since there were some really cheesy parts. But it's all good.

Recommend? Yes. So much yes.
Re-watch? I'll buy this one.
The Way Way Back
I saw one trailer for this movie and right away I knew we'd be seeing it. Such a fun, funny and great movie. But there are some serious/real moments. But that's what makes the movie even better, that it mixes the funny with the serious. I've always liked Steve Carell as an actor, but oh boy he did a good job in this one. He really made you want to hate him. Anyways, I don't have too much to say about this movie other than that.

Recommend? Yes.
Re-watch? I would, yes.
Gravity
I was so excited for this movie! This was our second IMAX movie and it was worth it! It was beautiful and scary and real, I love it! Everyone should go see this! Sandra Bullock does a great job (George too!) I can't believe after seeing the movie I over heard people saying it wasn't that good... or that it was boring... or that some things looked really fake in space because they moved weird. Uh, hello? go YouTube 'astronauts in space', that's how liquid moves with no gravity! Ugh, educate yourself! But anyways, great movie. I was on the edge of my seat through most of this movie.


Recommend? Yes!
Re-watch? Yes!
Prisoners
So this movie was amazing! It was quiet too, but I liked that. It was just great acting and good story telling. Hugh Jackman was amazing! Sometimes you forget how good of an actor someone is, if you haven't really seen them 'act' for a while. (I feel like I've seen him as wolverine too much) Even though this movie was really good and I really liked it. I probably won't watch it again. It's kind of a depressing movie. It's sad and it makes you angry and it makes you tear up. but it is Good! Worth seeing.

Recommend? Yes!
Re-watch? Probably no.
 Escape Plan
I'm such a big fan of these guys, especially Schwarzenegger. (It's not a tumor!) So I was obviously looking forward to this movie. It did not disappoint! Not an amazing movie but totally what I wanted to see, especially after the not-so-great day I had. Just a bunch of dudes fighting and being wicked awesome. The movie is filled with some sweet punches, a couple of funny moments where I actually burst into laughter and wanted to start clapping, and a pretty good ending. Overall a great movie to see, especially if you are in a bad mood.

Recommend? Yes
Re-watch? I would.
 
 Carrie
Even though (sadly) it's been a while since I'd seen the original... I am a huge fan of it. When I found they were remaking with Chloe Grace Moretz as Carrie, I freaked. Yes! She is awesome. I knew she would do a great job... and she did! There are obviously some differences between the two movies. Mainly that in this remake, Carrie is a bit nicer, not as crazy but still pretty damn crazy. The mother is super crazy! And the other students (the girls) are so pretty, like super models? but I mean that's Hollywood for ya... Anyways don't want to say too much for those who have never heard of this movie. Definitely go see this one if you are a fan of the original. And go see this if you haven't. I went with Justin and a friend (both aren't fans of horror movies) and they both said they really liked it and that it isn't a typical 'horror' movie. Like, where stuff jumps out at you or things are gross. It's not like that.
Now I think I might look into getting the book.

Recommend? Yes!
Re-watch? Probably buy!

Best movie of the month: Gravity, for being a beautiful movie that kept me on the edge of my seat.
Worst movie of the month: Escape Plan, for no real reason because I did enjoy every movie this month.
Honourable mention(s): Carrie, for being a really great remake. Cloudy 2, for the great animation. And Prisoners, for being a great movie with great acting... but so sad/depressing that I don't want to watch it again.

6 comments:

  1. wow you have seen a lot of movies this month! I need to catch up
    cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2 looks funny I like the whole concept of food animals :)
    and I'm kinda interested in gravity too and can't wait to rent way way back
    I'm pretty excited for about time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you've seen the first cloudy. it's even better (imo)
      I'm telling everyone to see gravity. amazing!

      Delete
  2. Nice blog!

    honestly, i didn't even know they were remaking carrie. wow! interesting. i saw the original when i was very little, and read the book when i was young, too.. maybe 10ish, and didn't understand all of it, but it scared me, lol!

    I heard that gravity was good... I'd love to see sunny with a chance of meatballs! (I haven't seen the first one, though.. I'm so lame, lol!) I have two little kids so it's hard to go out to the movies ever!! Glad to read the reviews on these movies though :) Glad you had fun!

    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVED cloudy 2! we hadn't seen the first one, but wanted to go to the drive in in memphis and it was the only thing playing i wanted to see. it was SO CUTE! i almost CRIED when those little marshmallow families first appeared. Too adorable!
    I didn't see much else in October. But we did see Ender's game last night. Its really good! Have you seen it yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard mixed things. A friend of mine saw it and she read the book(s?) and she didn't like it at all. Personally I wasn't interested in seeing it but I know Justin is/was... so we still might see it.
      If you almost cried at cloudy 2, you gotta see the first cloudy, the story line is even better and also just as cute, but the food isn't 'alive' yet. it's more the characters act cute.

      Delete
  4. I am soo keen for Cloudy #2 and Gravity scared the crap out of me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...