Dec 31, 2013

Christmas Break

 This year I went back home and visited my family for the holidays. Overall the visit was nice. The first few days were a bit hectic because I was helping my mom out with a lot of the cooking and baking. Our power went out for about 20mins from the ice storm and my mom freaked out, for nothing because we got our power back and just went right back to cooking. I got to do some boxing day shopping and got to hang out with Tania for a day too. Anyways here are a few pictures from my holidays.
 I learned how to make this awesome and easy dessert. I might share it on the blog.
 We like to make handmade perogies for our Christmas eve dinner (because we don't eat meat for that day). We fill a bunch with cabbage and mushrooms and potatoes and cheese.
 This is the veggie salad we make for every major holiday. This is only half done, it's still missing a lot of stuff.
 We also made soft ginger bread cookies. They are very good, still have a few left over too.
 This is my Christmas eve dinner. Yum!
 And of course after the ice storm I had to go out and take a few pictures. Look how pretty everything is!
 So cool!
I got a couple of gifts this year, a bunch of socks, some shirts and sweaters, perfume...but the big ones are my DS XL with 3 games and my new sewing machine! I've already tested it out and it's pretty quiet. I love it. Can't wait to make some bows and maybe clothes with it!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Can't wait to see what you sew. Merry Christmas. That ice looks so rad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at all you baking and cooking WOW! I should have done more of that while I was off but I was lazy
    thanks for the inspiration :) Happy 2014

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...