Dec 4, 2013

Review: November Movies

Thor: The Dark World
I know I say this a lot in my reviews but If you liked Thor at all, (the first movie) you'll love this one! Yes it was so good. Maybe even, amazing? (definitely better than the first movie) It was dark, it had action, it had a little bit of everything! I loved it. I had such a good time watching this movie. I will say that I did not care at all, about the villain in this one. I wasn't attached to a lot of the characters. I just cared about the main ones. But I do love all these superhero movies!

Recommend? Yes!
Re-watch? Probably buy!
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Maybe you're one of the few people that actually read my movie reviews, If you are then you might remember when I watched and reviewed the first movie (Click here to read the review). Basically I wasn't impressed and didn't understand what all the fuss was about. I even stated that I wasn't going to see the next one. Well, obviously I did. But It wasn't my choice, I went because Justin really wanted to see it. And I am glad I tagged along. This movie was good. Not amazing but I enjoyed it a lot more than the first one. Not so much camera shaking, not a lot of slow parts it was nicely paced. I also have to mention that the acting was pretty great too. I'm looking forward to seeing the next movie!

Recommend? Yes.
Re-watch? Maybe.
Old Boy
So I had only seen the trailer for this movie maybe once. I thought, yeah, that looks neat. And then I forgot about it. Justin really wanted to see it and reminded me that I was interested in it too. So we went. It was good, guys. It was good. Not what I was expecting at all. And I'm glad I didn't read too much about the movie before I went to see it. I always make sure I see as few trailers as possible, so I don't ruin the movie for myself. This movie has a great build up to the end, which is rare in movies today. I haven't seen the original yet but I plan to. I was told the original is really good. (aren't they almost always better than the remake? Yes.) Anyways it's a big of a weird story and maybe you won't love it but you have to appreciate a movie well done. A story well told.

Recommend? Yes
Re-watch? Yes

Best movie of the month: Old Boy, for being a very different movie with a great build up to the end.
Worst movie of the month: Thor: The Dark World, for being good, but not the best.
Honourable mention(s): The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, for being better than the first movie. Very rare that the second or third movie is better than the first.

8 comments:

  1. I saw the first Hunger Games, and I didn't finish. It did catch my eye at all. I really don't understand what's the all fuss about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought catching fire was much better than the first one! i loved the books, and liked the movie. we're going out to tonight to see delivery man, hopefully it isn't TOO terrible. sometimes you are just in the mood to go to the movies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how was delivery man? I wanted to see it but justin wasn't interested in it at all. And then before I knew it, it left our movie theatres. lol

      Delete
  3. I felt the same way about the first hunger games, it pretty much creeped me out. And I was dragged to the second one too...but I *really* liked the second one! I was so surprised at myself, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the second Hunger Games despite some drag once they're in the arena. Haven't seen any good horror to indulge in in a while, boo ;[

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, very few horror movies coming out right now and the few that do come out aren't that great anyways.

      Delete
  5. I found you via Creature Type today and am SO happy I did! I don't often stumble across cute blogs like yours that feature movie review posts and I love that! I plan to do lots of movie related posts on my new blog (I just started over a month ago). I've been wanted to see Old Boy, but I thought the new Thor and Hunger Games movies were great :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...