Jan 8, 2014

Goals for 2014!

 Now that we are in 2014, it's time to make up some goals for the new year!
1. Ukulele
I want to keep practicing the ukulele. Atleast a few times a week (even once a week would be great) and learn more songs! Maybe get the courage to make a video? I have a real problem with playing and singing at the same time. So I hope I can get better, even if its a few simple songs...

2. Keep active and Hula Hoop
Keep up with my hula hooping. Look into more classes (especially in the colder months) and practice more. Get better at the tricks I already know and try learning some new ones on my own. Also just stay active in general. Look into some cool classes/things I can do weekly, be it more hula hooping, yoga classes, volunteering, running in the morning....or joining the gym... okay maybe not that...

3. Sketch more
Pretty simple. I want to sketch more and post them on here. I used to have an almost weekly sketch post back in the day and I'd like to get back into that. I'd prefer to post sketches from my sketchbook but I know sometimes it's easier to just sketch on my cintiq. So for this one, either or will do. As long as I'm drawing.

4.Take more selfies
Yeah, this is a weird one. I used take a lot of picture of myself when I was in high school (I think we all did?) But I slowed down and then stopped once I got into college. For a while I didn't care about pictures of myself but looking back at the last year I can only find a few photos of myself. And out of those only a handful I actually like. (e.g. A few years back, I dyed my hair pink and I only have 2 pictures to show I actually had pink hair and both pictures suck!) I need to get comfortable again with being in front of the camera. I want to better document my life and how I change. You might have noticed I already started taking some small steps a few months ago. (like, trying to take a picture of myself when I look decent, before I leave the house and trying to take pictures with my paintings, instead of just the painting on it's own.) So, this might mean more 'what I wore' posts, a photo an hour posts or maybe just more instagram selfies, not sure yet.

5. Learn to crochet
This is something I've always wanted to learn how to do. I looked into it last year but never went farther than that. Even if I'm not good at it, I want to atleast try it. Maybe make a scarf or something...

6. Design a character
In flash! Something I want to practice doing is designing in programs more. Plus once it's been designed then I can use it for animation! Win-win.

7. Make some clothes
With the new sewing machine I got for Christmas I'd love to use it as much as I can! Ideally I'd like to make a dress. I should start out small, make a shirt or something. I have so many ideas!

8. Design my own fabric
Yes this is another one of those things I've always thought about doing. I'd like to get some fabric that is original and one of a kind, all me! Wouldn't my designs look great on a bow or as a dress?

9. Cook and Bake
I think it was in 2011 (or 2010?) when I baked a lot. I wasn't so into cooking, my thing was cookies and cakes. But then I realized that I was eating a lot of these not-so-healthy snacks... and I stopped, completely. Well I'd love to get back into it, try some new recipes that I've never tried before, bake some vegan or just healthier cookies and cakes. I've already started with these stuffed peppers (they turned out great and I want to make them again!!), I can't wait to try some new things. It gets boring eating the same things over and over.

10. Wolf Tattoo
I had planned to get a couple of tattoos this year, but it seems now like money may be tight for a few months. Plus other things always come up... All I really want, is to get my wolf tattoo done. I will save up for this! I want this to happen. If I can only get one tattoo done this year. It will be my wolf.

Did you make any goals for the year?

9 comments:

  1. I love your list of goals for the year! I would LOVE to see a video of you playing the Ukulele! I crochet a little bit, and really want to get back into it so that I can make Amigurumi characters...if you haven't come by it yet, there's a fantastic (and free!)! "Crochet School" over at the Crafty Minx blog! Here's the link: http://www.craftyminx.com/crochet-school/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link, I've been collecting crotchetting videos and sites for a while now. The more the better because I know nothing!

      Delete
  2. Great goals! My favorite is your goal to design fabric - I can't wait to see it. :) I hope your year is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to be practicing my ukulele more too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really good set of goals. None of them are unachievable or too strict - and they're fun! Hula hooping sounds fun. Never really thought about it for fitness. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we have two goals in common this year: the ukulele and the selfies haha
    I had purpley hair for a few months and have almost nothing to show for it. :/

    Lily Sol

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a cute blog! Thanks for commenting on mine, too! I love your layout! Happy New Year!
    love, polly :)
    pollybland.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your hair like that!!! Pretty pic! I hope you reach all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your goals for the year!
    There are hula hoop classes? I would love to do that. I can hula hoop for days. I think taking more selfies is a good goal too, haha. I think that's one of my goals this year as well: at least one a month. And cooking and baking is another goal I might steal from you. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...