Jan 22, 2014

More Hand Stamped Bows

After making the eyeball stamp and using that to make some eyeball hair bows. I ended up making a couple more stamps and eventually made some bows out of them too. Now I love these new bows, especially the tooth one. But there is one thing kind of wrong with them and it's bugging me a little...
The white fabric I used is sort of thin and see through, (I don't remember where I got this fabric, I've had it in a bag for a while now.) It's not bad quality, its just thin... But anyways, you can see the gray-ish thread I used when I first started sewing the bows. Usually you'd use white thread but at the time I didn't have any and I didn't think it would show through. I guess, I was wrong and now I regret it! It's bugging me a bit when I see it. It's not horrible, It's not super noticeable, only if you look closely and if you flatten the bow a lot. I wanted to sell these bows online but now I don't know if I should...If I do they'll be at a lower price. I'll be sure to get thicker white fabric next time for sure.
Anyways, while I think about that, here are some pictures!
 The Tooth stamped bows! I made a couple with two rows of teeth, to make it look like a mouth and those are my favourites!
 The Candy stamped bows. Not a favourite but still a fun design.
 The Fly stamped bows. I really like this one but the design is too big for my small bows. I think I might use this stamp again but maybe when I decide to make a shirt or skirt.
 The Mushroom stamped bows. I like how this one turned out too, I like it better in red though.
So in a couple weeks when I go to get some new fabric again (better plain white fabric) I'll make some new bows, and by then I'll probably have some new stamps too.

What stamp should I make next? Any Ideas? 
More candy? Bugs? what do you think?

4 comments:

  1. The fly stamp looks like it was really hard to make! There are so many little details, especially in the wings :-) I think the candy bows are the cutest ^^ They're very girly, and I like that. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so lovely! Would love to learn the art. c:

    <3
    Harlynn
    www.mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so rad! I love the candy one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are cute I love all your different stamp designs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...