Feb 3, 2014

Review: January Movies

The first movie reviews of the year, but I have a question for you all. I've been thinking...
I know these movie reviews aren't a super popular post on my blog. (I do them mainly for myself so I can look back at the end of the year at how many good movies I've seen) But would you guys be interested in getting reviews of movies sooner, like the day after I've watched it? Or maybe weekly movie reviews?(like, every Sunday) Or do you think I should stick to the monthly posts?
Please let me know in the comments!!
 The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
I was super excited for this movie and it didn't disappoint! What a fun adventure movie. I don't have much to say about it other than I really enjoyed it and I left the theatre feeling happy and like I should go on a trip soon. It even made Justin think of saving money for a trip soon, and he isn't into traveling!

Recommend? Yes! 
Re-watch? Yes!!
The Wolf of Wall Street
I went into this movie not really knowing what to expect. Only saw the trailer for it once a while ago... but it was awesome. I mean it was a bit long but it didn't feel long because so much was going on. I also didn't expect to laugh so much. This movie was lots of fun, with a bit of serious stuff, and great acting. The basic message of this movie... get rich, do what you want. No consequences. Haha.

Recommend? Yes!
Re-watch? Yes!
I Frankenstein
I wasn't super interested in this movie but after seeing the trailer, Justin was set on seeing it. So I knew we'd eventually see it. This movie is totally up his alley. Anyways it worked out for us because he found some free movie passes so I don't feel like I wasted my money. This movie wasn't amazing but you should know what you were getting yourself into after seeing the trailer. If you thought this was supposed to be a movie with a deep story and awesome character development, then...no you were wrong. Haha, how did you get that out of the trailer? This is just a fun movie, don't take it so seriously. It was a pretty fast paced movie too, It never felt like it was dragging. The effects and CGI were nice, I liked the transformations from gargoyle to human the most. Very smooth.
 

Recommend? No
Re-watch? Nah.
 
 her
I was so excited to see this when I first heard of it. What an interesting story, I love how it all develops. I loved how I was nodding along to a lot of what the characters were saying. I'm sure we've all experienced these things at one time or another. I can't say much else, or.. I don't want to give away too much about this one. Last thing I'll say about this one is that I liked how the computers weren't about destroying humans. I'm getting tired of every future movie being about computers hurting us. Or the world being destroyed or something horrible. I want some hope, some nice stuff, you know.
Anyways, I must see, for sure.

Recommend? Yes!
Re-watch? Yes!
 
Best movie of the month: The Wolf of Wall Street, for being an overall great movie with amazing acting.
Worst movie of the month: I Frankenstein, for... you know, not being the most amazing movie, but then again not every movie has to be amazing. 
Honourable mention(s): her, being a great movie, great love story and wonderfully shot.

17 comments:

  1. I always really enjoy your movie posts! I think the monthly round-up is nice. If you posted about each movie, you'd probably feel pressured to say a lot more about each, which might make them more tedious to write. This way we really get your most important feedback. But hey, I'll still enjoy reading no matter when you post them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true. I may just leave it the way it is.

      Delete
  2. I like the monthly reviews!
    Keep it up, I like to read them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like everyone likes the monthly reviews, so they'll probably just stay that way. :]

      Delete
  3. I loved her. and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Both films made me think about a lot of things going on in my life after seeing them. And movies that you can relate to on a personal level are some of the best movies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love those kinds of movies that make me think about my life. Some deep thinking is always good, once in a while.

      Delete
  4. I love reading monthly reviews as you get a little bit of everything :) I really really want to see Walter Mitty but sadly none of the cinemas near me are showing it, boooo!

    peppanip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it'll be on netflix soon? (if you have it) If not i'm sure it'll be available to rent.

      Delete
  5. I like the movie posts. I think a monthly round up is nice but would read it more often too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really loved Walter Mitty too, it made me want to save up for a trip as well :)
    I haven't seen the others, I wasn't super interested. I'm really excited this week the Monuments Men and the Lego movie come out YAY :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really really love reading your movie reviews and would continue to enjoy them regardless of the frequency or if they were grouped or not. Keep it comin' girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, yayayay I really want to see Her! And everyone's reviews of them is really encouraging me. I hope I haven't got my expectations waaay up, now...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Mitty and Her, I received advanced tickets to see both of those movies so I was super excited. The Frankenstein trailer looked blah, so I never gave it much thought.
    Great reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great when you get advanced tickets. So awesome.

      Delete
  10. I'd love to see "The Wolf of Wall Street"!
    Great post!

    <3
    Harlynn
    mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been meaning to watch all of these movies except for the third one. I think we have pretty similar tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Only got through the first 20 mins of Walter Mitty before leaving. Horrible film. But I loved her. Such a clever and thought provoking movie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...