Feb 11, 2014

Tribal Shark

Well here's another painting I finished up recently. (I haven't been feeling too good lately so no photos of me holding it.) It's a tribal shark! I started out not liking this painting but as I kept working on it, I started to like it more and more. Still doesn't beat the Tribal Sloth, in my opinion but it's still pretty cool.
The details for this one; painted with acrylics on 12x12" wood canvas. And below, as usual are some close up shots.
I think the jellyfish, the purple fish and the mermaids are my favourite. Look at the 3rd purple fish, look at it's face! Ha.
The only WIP pictures were the ones I put up on my instagram. Not much, but better than nothing, right?

The next one I've just started is this Koala painting. I'm also taking little videos, while I work on it. I hope to edit them all together to make a cool speed painting video! So i'm excited to see how that turns out.

10 comments:

  1. This is so awesome. I love the jellyfish and those mermaids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this piece, haven't seen this take on a shark yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all the details like the purple fish and jelly fish!! too cute :)
    i think the sloth is simply adorable but the shark has his merits too ;)
    can't wait to see how the koala turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its almost half way done... the hardest part is coming up... the different 'layers' of patterns.

      Delete
  4. I love this painting! Will there be a print of it for sale? If not, I'm definitely buying raccoon in tribal sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure yet. But If I do there will only be a few. I'll announce it either way!

      Delete
  5. Love the colours and the shark looks ever so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adore this!
    Sharks at their prettiest. c:

    <3
    Harlynn
    mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...