Jul 3, 2014

Review: June Movies

Maleficent
I was so excited for this movie. I kept telling Justin that I wanted to see it in IMAX but that never happened. I'm kind of glad I didn't spend the extra money for it because this movie was good, I really enjoyed it but I didn't need to see it in IMAX. It wasn't that good, ya know? Lots of very pretty 'beauty' shots. Lots of very cool action shots of her flying around too. I just really enjoyed seeing her on screen. This isn't a prequel to Sleeping Beauty, this is it's own stand alone movie. A different story.

Recommend? Yes
Re-watch? Sure
How to train your Dragon 2
It's that movie that I was waiting for! A lot of the times sequels aren't as good as the first movie, but I think this one was just as good, (possibly better?) I really liked that they aged the characters. And even though this movie was more focused on the main character, we still had some fun shots with secondary ones, here and there. The animation on Toothless was, as always great. Love all his expressions and sounds. So cute. A lot of the new dragons looked very cool too. This is one of those movies where I need to get the art book. So pretty! I'm not sure about anyone else but months ago I accidentally saw a trailer for this movie that spoiled a big thing in the movie. But after I saw that trailer they like, didn't show anything about the movie for months until it was playing in theatres. So at least they realized they goofed on that. Trailers can make or break a movie so easily if you show too much. But I still really enjoyed this one.

Recommend? Yes!
Re-watch? Yes!!
 22
I love a good laugh. This movie was good. Maybe not as good as the first one but still pretty close. Lots of good laughs were had, lots of funny one liners. You know, the usual. Not much else to say about this one though. If you watched the first one and liked it, then definitely go see this one.

Recommend? Yes
Re-watch? Sure

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...