Nov 4, 2014

Review: October Movies

Gone Girl
What a strange and awesome movie! We went into this not knowing really what it was about. I watched like half a trailer and go basically that it was a sort of murder mystery. I was sold! Then obviously we kept hearing from friends about how good it was. And yeah, it was really good. So many twists in the story, when you think its done...it's not. Id love to see more movies like this one.

Recommend? Yes!
Re-watch? Probably!
The Book of Life
This movie was beautiful! We were going to go see it in a bigger theatre but last minute decided against it. Kind of bummed we didn't because this movie deserves to be seen on a very nice big screen. I was so excited when I first heard about it. It's got all the things I love! Animation, Guillermo Del Toro, All about the day or the dead. Awesome!! This movie was lovely to see, a great story and a cute soundtrack! And one more thing...
You know when you go see a movie in 3D and the glasses make the movie like 10 times darker than it actually is? (Hello! It's 2014, this shouldn't be a problem!) Well I totally forgot I was wearing the 3D glasses because the movie was so bright. Like, the glasses didn't take away from being able to see everything in the movie. That's how you do 3D glasses!

Recommend? Yes!
Re-watch? Yes and buy!
Fury
I'll admit it. I wasn't super excited to see this one. I mean, I wanted to see it but it didn't have to be in theatre. I was willing to wait to see it later. (Rented or at a friends house.) But Justin was set on seeing it. It was good, well it was great! Great story, well acted. Explosions were awesome... but you know. It's like all the 'war movies'. You kind of know whats going to happen. But then again.. you go to see 'war movies' because that's what you want to it. Anyways, I did really like this movie especially the second half. The ending was great too.

Recommend? Sure
Re-watch? Maybe
John Wick
Okay, how cool is this movie poster? Nice. I only saw like the first 60 seconds of the trailer for this movie, and I was sold! "I lost everything. That dog was a final gift from my dying wife." Com'on. That is pure gold right there. And then just shots of guns shooting. This movie was good. Like, a great action movie. So many cool killing/death scenes. I really like Keanu Reeves but he really acts in this movie. The only thing I didn't like about this movie was, well the ending. It just sort of ends and you're like, 'really, that's it. Just like that? Okay.' But other than that. So good! I wouldn't mind seeing this movie again. It just makes you excited and happy!

Recommend? Yes!
Re-watch? Yes!

6 comments:

  1. oh i was wondering if book of life would be good! i'll have to go see it! if you liked gone girl, the other books by gillian flynn are great and have lots of twists and turns! I totally recommend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love twists and turns. Oh I'd love to get back into reading again. I miss it.

      Delete
  2. I'll have to put book of life in my netflix. I'm pretty excited about big hero6 and interstellar YAY!

    http://floatingthrufields.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Interstellar looks pretty awesome. We'll probably see that in a week or two. Excited!

      Delete
  3. We have to wait until April next year to see Book of life in Australia. So upsetting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! that blows. Sometimes we get movies a little later too in Canada. I don't know why they do that!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...