Dec 29, 2014

Goals for 2014: Recap

Before I go over everything I just wanted to talk a bit about my goals, in general this year. I feel like, I put a lot on my plate. I stressed myself out. And that is not cool. I might have made way too many goals for myself. I'm just one person and I can't do everything. I'm the kind of person that would rather be great at a couple of things than be 'okay' at many things.

So why did I do that to myself this year? I don't know! I guess I got a bit excited. There are so many things I want to learn to do but I just can't do it all! I'm just putting this out there for future me to read... you can't do it all! And that is okay. :]

Anyways, recap of the goals... 
1. Ukulele (Nope) 
This is one goal I really wanted to accomplish. I mean, I have this super cute ukulele just sitting there, begging to be playing. Anyways, other things got in the way. Well, not in the way but you know... life.

2. Keep active and Hula Hoop (Ehhh....)
I did volunteer at the Humane Society for a few months. I had to stop going though, it was taking too much time (to get there and get home) and it was out of my way to go there every week. But I did have a lot of fun when I was going and I do hope to be able to volunteer again in the future.
I did end up getting myself some roller blades. I have only gone around the park a handful of times. So that is a bit of a bummer but I did buy them late in the year...
As for hula hooping, I signed up for classes again in October and have been going a couple times a month. I don't really have the space to practice at home so I'm not seeing huge improvements but its getting there. I'm sure once it warms up again I'll be hooping in the park on weekends.

3. Sketch more (Kind of)
I was doing okay with this one for the first half of the year. And then convention season came and I just got busy with all the sewing and prepping for the shows.

4.Take more selfies (Yep)
This ones been an easy one for me because it's easy to do and fun. I have a good amount of selfies on my Instagram. As well as OOTD pictures.

5. Learn to crochet (Nope)
This never happened! haha. Oh well!

6. Design a character (Nope)
Also never happened because I'm working full time. I do plan on still doing this, one day when I have free time, like when I'm in between jobs or something? 
7. Make some clothes (Yes!!)
Dress #1. Dress #2. Dress #3. Skirt #1. Top #1. And I can't wait to make more in 2015!

8. Design my own fabric (Nope)
This one didn't happen but I do plan on doing this next year. I just have to sit down and get everything organized.

9. Cook and Bake (Nope)
This also did not happen. Haha. Probably for the best though...

10. Wolf Tattoo (Yes!)
Yes. My wolf tattoo on my arm is all done. I even got to start and finish my leg tattoo!
Did you make any goals for the year? Did you accomplish any?

6 comments:

  1. I did have a few goals for 2014 and I think I met some of them. I think I'm going to keep most of the same ones this year because they are things I want to do more often and that I know I enjoy. They were: Travel, Take my dog on more adventures, Learn new recipes, Be healthier, Read, Take more photos, and Relax! I'm actually proud of myself that I learned a lot of new cooking recipes and most of them turns out ok. I read a lot more now, though they are mostly comics. I traveled about the same, I'm probably in the same health, and I do ok at relaxing haha.

    Thanks for sharing your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those sound like some good goals! I especially like the 'take my dog on more adventures', I need to do this one. We used to take our dog to the beach every weekend when he was smaller. Nothing wrong with wanting to continue doing the same goals. I want to learn some new recipes too.

      Delete
  2. The clothes you created were incredible. I can't wait to see what you make next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope to keep making more cute dresses!!

      Delete
  3. I didn't accomplish a lot of what I set out to do but like you said life happens. I've regrouped and made a more attainable list for 2015 I'm excited to get started on new projects tomorrow:)

    Happy 2015 I admire you for laying out your goals on your blog even if you didn't accomplish everything you wanted, you did a lot if cool things this year like all your sewing and your new artwork :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, not every year can be one of those 'I did it all' years... :]

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...