Dec 1, 2014

Review: November Movies

Lately, almost every time we go see a movie in theatre we sit next to someone who talks throughout the whole movie. Or they keep checking their phone. It's the most annoying thing every seeing people my age or older who can't just sit still for 2 hours to watch a movie. Every time this happens at the beginning of a movie we give it like 5 minutes and if the person is still talking we end up moving seats. And we have done this almost every time in November. Seriously, part of me is thinking I should just pay the extra few bucks and see these movies during the weekday. Because we almost always see movies on cheap night. Sorry for the mini rant but just felt like I had to get that out there. Stop talking during the movie and put your phones away!

Interstellar
Space movie! It was a pretty cool movie. It was a bit long, but didn't feel long. Very beautiful and the acting was awesome. I loved it all except the ending. It just didn't work for me. Other than that, I don't have much else to say about this one.

Recommend? Yes
Re-watch? Probably.
Dumb and Dumber To
I was so excited to hear that they were making another movie! And it did not disappoint! Justin was not interested in seeing this one, so I ended up seeing it with my family on my Dad's birthday. He liked it too! Lots of good laughs. Obviously not as great as the first but still good enough that I would see it again.

Recommend? Yes!
Re-watch? Yep
 Big Hero 6
Overall I liked this movie. It wasn't great and it had some holes in it but still good. The animation was so nice. The robot was the best part for me, he was so cute! I don't have much else to say about this movie. I think its worth a watch, especially if you have kids and/or enjoy animated films.

Recommend? Yes!
Re-watch? Yes!
The Hunger Games: MockingJay Part 1
What a long-ass title for movie. I went into this movie feeling excited and came out of it feeling bored and tired. Not that this movie was bad but it wasn't good. They for sure made the last movie into two parts just for the money. No need to make it two parts. Seriously, not much happens. They're just dragging things out. Felt a bit disappointed because we went to the late show for this one on a week night and I came out of it feeling like I should have been sleeping instead, haha. Still excited for the last one though. I know that's the one were stuff really happens.

Recommend? Meh
Re-watch? Probably won't.

5 comments:

  1. Man, I get so angry when I'm sitting next to people with bad movie manners. I always ask politely if they can please be quiet and/or move seats when they don't stop. It's infuriating and so disrespectful. Thankfully that doesn't happen often because we're lucky enough to have a small, local chain of theaters that we try to exclusively go to. They're small and located in kind of hidden, upscale places--a hotel, an old theater with a bowling alley, and a mall--so their crowd is a bit classier than the general public and there are never kids. ;) Plus they're so cheap!

    Anyway, personal rant aside--I LOVED Big Hero 6 and am waiting eagerly to go see Hunger Games. Kind of bummed that it's less than awesome. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one we go to is small too and for the longest time we never had any problems there until recently. I don't know if its just cause its colder out now and more people are going to movies or what but UUUGH. I hope you enjoy Hunger games! :]

      Delete
  2. i still can't decide if i want to see intersellar. it just seems so LONG!
    i really liked mockingjay, but i seem to be in the minority. also, i HATE IT when people check their phone the entire time. a friend of mine kept doing that when we saw a movie together and I finally got up and moved. it can wait two hours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you liked gravity, then I saw go see interstellar. A lot of people I talked to said they liked Gravity but liked Interstellar more. Aw it sucks when its a friend that's being annoying during a movie. I have one friend who likes to talk a lot throughout a movie. I just have to keep 'shushing' them, lol

      Delete
  3. I still want to see interstellar and big hero 6 was awesome I thought it was great!!! I loved the robot too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...