Jan 2, 2015

Review: December Movies

The Theory of Everything
I wanted to see this movie but at the same time, I didn't feel like i 'needed' to see it. Justin was really excited about it so thats why we went. And even though I did like it... I felt very sad during the movie and afterwards. I know the movie is supposed to be, sort of inspirational but I didn't feel too inspired by it. And even though this movie wasn't bad, I don't think I could recommend it to people. 

Recommend? No...
Re-watch? Nope.
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
I'm so glad they didn't make the last movie into two parts. The second and the third movie are definitely the better of the three. The first one to me, seemed sort of pointless/useless. Just a lot of set up... anyways this last movie from the Hobbit movies, was really good. Very action packed! 

Recommend? Yes
Re-watch? Yes
 Big Eyes
We went and saw this one on New Years Eve. It was between Big Eyes and Into the Woods. But once I figured out the Into the Woods was a musical, I started leaning more towards Big Eyes... It's not that I hate musicals, it's more that I just wasn't in the mood to take a chance on a musical. You either love them or hate them. Plus, I don't like when trailers lie! No where in the trailer does it even hint, at the fact that it's a musical.
Anyways, this movie was good, not great but very inspiriting. Makes me wish I had one of her paintings or prints. Also reminds me that I have to keep trying to get my artwork out there. Take some chances!

Recommend? Yes
Re-watch? Maybe

3 comments:

  1. i saw all these too! into the woods was NOT good, and i love musicals. so you made the right choice. you need to see the imitation game if you haven't yet! and if the tale of princess kayuga comes near you. the animation is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are seeing imitation game very soon, I've been hearing/seeing good things. And for sure I will be watching Princess Kayuga. It looks awesome!!

      Delete
  2. did you see Big Eyes? i haven't talked with anyone who did and i'd love to see it. wondered what you thought about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...