Mar 2, 2015

Review: February Movies

Jupiter Ascending 
To tell you the truth I was not interested in seeing this movie at all. (which means I went into this one with super low expectations) To me it looked like a movie I would eventually see on Netflix. But Justin really wanted to see it and I was just in a mood to get out of the apartment. This movie, felt very over the top. Mainly the soundtrack... the soundtrack was WAY too much for this movie. A few minutes into the movie the first 'fight/battle' scene was happening and all I could focus on was how out of place the music was. I feel like you should never really notice music in a movie... It should never take away from you watching. The only way you really do notice the music is if its really good and spot on. Or if it's really out of place....Best way I can describe the music/soundtrack in the movie... it felt like the music belonged to a movie that was about God or religion. Like, good vs evil...fighting for mans soul. you know what I mean? A few times I was laughing at it, and even Justin was nodding his head. Later on in the movie there was a whole section that felt like we were watching a star wars movie... so weird.
Anyways other than all that, it was nothing super special or great about this one. It was just a meh movie that was trying to be something really epic and great?

Recommend? No
Re-watch? No

The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge out of Water
Ahh! The new SpongeBob movie! I wanted to see this one opening night (in a nicer theatre) but that never happened. We saw it a week or two later in our regular theatre. And it was awesome!! I don't have anything bad to say about this one. The animation was great, the characters translated well from 2D to 3D, it was weird, it was funny and it was surprising! I don't think I've laughed that hard in a theatre in a very long time. There were a bunch of kids seeing the movie too and I feel like we were laughing the most, haha. Definitely go see this one if you're a fan of SpongeBob. You will leave the theatre happy and in a great mood.

Recommend? Yes
Re-watch? Yes

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...