Mar 8, 2015

Spring cleaning

So I just got rid of a butt-load of blogs. I actually went through my blog feed and one by one, clicked on each blog and scrolled through a couple of pages of that blog. If I wasn't interested after a few clicks, then I unfollowed. I mainly got rid of any blogs that had round up/wishlists posts more than once a week. Its weird to see how many blogs sort of.... died last year and I just never noticed? :[

I unfollowed a good amount of fashion/lifestyle blogs. (which are my favourite kind of blogs!) I started following blogs a little before I created my own blog, back in college. So a lot of these blogs I've had on my feed for 8+ years! It was hard to do but some of them were just too different from when they first started out. I hope everyone does this at least once a year. Clean out your feeds! And that includes my blog too. If you're not clicking on my posts as much as you used to. Maybe it's time to unfollow me and look out for some new blogs.

I think I started with around 100+ blogs on my feed and I'm down to less than half that. It feels weird to be following so few blogs. So I'm going to going around looking out for some new (to me) blogs. If you have any recommendations or suggestions for blogs you think I'd like to follow, please leave a comment! I love to follow blogs that are about art, crafts, fashion, travel... I'm pretty open! The main thing I look for is pictures (because I'm more of a visual person) and somewhat regular posting. As long as you post a few times a month, I'm happy.

P.S. That picture of pizza just makes me happy. Has nothing to do with this post, haha.

10 comments:

  1. This is so important! I recently started doing this because I found myself just scrolling through my reader and not paying attention. It's hard when bloggers drastically change and you no longer feel connected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. here are two of my favorites:
    http://www.cinnamongirlofmaine.com/
    hopefully she'll post more once it warms up. she usually does. she has a homestead in maine and takes beautiful photos and i really like her writing
    http://princessinferno.blogspot.com/
    i love amalies pictures and it is one of those personal blogs where she really writes everything she is feeling and thinking
    half the blogs of my favorites list don't post anymore, but i can't bear to take them off because i loved them so much. it does seem like tons of good ones either stopped posting, or got successful and are now all affliate posts and wish lists. boo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendations! Hopefully i'll be able to find a whole bunch of new fun blogs in the next few weeks so my feed is active. Right now I see like, 2 - 4 new posts a day and that feels like not much at all! haha

      Delete

  3. I cleaned mine out too and I've been trying to follow more art/craft blogs. I love fashion but my interest is slowly decreasing.. it looks the same these days. I find those round up/wishlist/beauty posts a bit boring now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I guess my tastes are changing too, but I still do enjoy a good fashion blog, theyre just hard to find!

      Delete
  4. The pizza photos makes me sad for not eating it :P haha It used to hurt me to lose readers. I find myself unable to keep going in the direction I was, I was supremely burned out. But now I know, you grow and change, people will come and go. Change is good and needed to innovate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. change is always good, even if it seems bad at the time. In the long run we're always better for it! I already feel better from getting all those blogs I didnt like anymore off my feed. I dont even care what theyre doing anymore.

      Delete
  5. Taking your advice lovely! Doing a major bloglovin overhaul today whilst waiting for my hair dye haha. You are still one of my favourite blogs I'm just rubbish at commenting xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm dying my hair too! And I'm also pretty bad with commenting. I'm going to try to do better!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...