May 1, 2015

Review: April Movies

It Follows
Recommend? Yes!
Re-watch? Yes!

Ugh, this movie was amazing! Okay, I might be exaggerating a little but I did really, really like this movie. If you saw the trailer then you know its basically a movie about something following you, taking on the appearance of anyone. And if it catches you, it'll kill you. The only thing you can do is run from it, or pass it on. This movie was creepy. I feel like I haven't seen a good scary/horror movie in a while. There's almost no special effects or CGI. It's just people walking creepily towards the camera with an amazing soundtrack. And that was enough. It got me! (A bunch of times.) The music in the movie alone is scary! Scary, beautiful and awesome. The whole movie is basically tensing up and then relaxing. Tense. Relax. Tense.  Relax. And that's how you should feel during a Horror movie. You should feel how the characters are feeling. (You can listen to the 'It Follows' soundtrack here.) I love it so much, I've already per-ordered the record. I think it would be a great record to play around Halloween time. If you scare easy this may not be a good movie for you, but If you're like me and you love a good scary movie, Go check this one out! It's a little weird, different and there is no clear ending but it's one of those movies you can't get out of your head.

What We Do in the Shadows
Recommend? Yes
Re-watch? Maybe

I was told to go see this one because I'd like it. We ended up seeing this one at The Fox Theatre because it wasn't playing at our regular theatre. I liked it. There were some pretty funny parts in the movie, especially the first half. I don't know if I would ever need/want to watch it again, but maybe?

True Story
Recommend? No
Re-watch? No

The trailer for this movie was better than the actual movie. Okay. It wasn't that bad! There were some really almost 'scary' parts... or parts where I was like, 'omg!?' But other all, this movie should not have been made. What was the point? This movie had no direction. It would have been better as a documentary or something like that. The best part was the acting from Jonah Hill and James Franco. So what was this? Just something for their resume? Maybe...












P.S. I've been thinking about turning my monthly movie reviews into videos! Basically it would be Justin and I talking about the movies we saw that month. I would still do a write up on my blog (like I do now) but I would also include a fun video for you guys to watch too. 
Let me know what you think. If enough people like this idea, you may see a May Movies Review Video soon. :]

3 comments:

  1. looks like we saw all the same movies this month! I LOVED what we do in the shadows. we went and saw it twice! and i agree about true story, the structure was really weird, like it couldn't decide what kind of movie to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same feeling for It Follows. As a horror fan, I was very pleased with the "Halloween" wide shots and slow pans. Sometimes, especially at the beginning the camera seemed as if it was the point of view of whatever It was. I can see non-classic horror fans not enjoying this because there wasn't much gore but I thought it was brilliant!

    I thought the trailer for True Story looked good but I've heard from several people that the movie is bad. I might wait until it comes to Netflix to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh you make me wanna see it again but it's only playing in select theatres here, haha.
      Def wait on seeing True Story.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...