Jun 29, 2015

Review: June Movies


When Marnie Was There
Recommend? Sure
Re-watch? Probably no






I liked this movie but I wanted to really like it. I was expecting something a bit more... magical? The story was good, well it got really good near the end but most of it was a bit slow. (not a bad thing, just a fact) I remember when the movie first came out people were saying how it was a movie about being gay, but it wasn't at all. Just some of the things said and some actions came off a bit strange but at the end it all makes sense. I'm glad I saw this movie but I don't think I'll even need to see it again.


Jurassic World
Recommend? Yes
Re-watch? Yes

I was SO excited for this movie! I loved it. The dinosaurs looked good, the story was decent... lots of nods to the first movie, Jurassic Park. (which I loved). I feel like everyone's seen this movie already but if you haven't yet... and you liked Jurassic Park, then go see this one!
Inside Out
Recommend? Yes!
Re-watch? Yes!

When I first heard what this movie was about, I was like... I can't wait to see how they do this! Very interesting concept. I love how they are thinking outside the box on this one. And it was so good! I cried. Like, sometimes movies make me tear up.... and once in a while I'll shed one single tear. But once in a blue moon I'll actually cry. And I don't even fully understand why I was crying but I wasn't the only one. The whole theatre was fully of sniffles. Aside from a movie (an animated movie!) being so good it brings me to tears... the story was great, something we can all relate to. A movie for the whole family for sure. And I loved Sadness, she was my favourite. I thought Disgust would have been my favourite character because of her design but Sadness won my heart. Phyllis Smith was a perfect choice as the voice for her.

P.S. I think the last Pixar movies that made me cry were probably Brave and Up.

2 comments:

  1. i wanted to see when marnie was there while it was playing here but it never matched up with my schedule. dang! i loved jurassic world so much! and i wasn't that excited about seeing inside out, but it was so great, i cried as well, several times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to watch all of these! I think I need to watch Jurassic Park again and then go see Jurassic World. I've only heard good things.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...